Account Clerk - Business Office
The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library invites applications for the position of part-time Account Clerk (10-12 hours per week). Reporting to the Business Manager, the work involves clerical duties and utilizing standardized account-keeping practices in maintaining and reviewing financial accounts and records.
Example of Duties
- Performs a variety of clerical accounting tasks involved in maintaining the account records of the financial account system.
- Prepares accounts payable, matches invoices and enters code data.
- Sorts, verifies, batches and files financial documents.
- Assists with the preparation of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepares all bank deposits.
- Receives and processes cash proceeds and verifies that cash and check composition is in agreement with cash receipt records.
- Operates adding machines, calculators, computers and other office equipment.
- Graduation from high school of possession of a high school equivalency diploma including or supplemented by the successful completion of a bookkeeping course; or
- One year of experience in maintaining financial accounts and records; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of modern methods of keeping and reviewing financial accounts and records. General knowledge of payroll and accounting procedures, including computer applications.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles an asset.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks. Ability to work with numbers, maintain detailed records. Good communication skills.
The application deadline is October 19th, 2012 or until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library, attn: Terri Chandler, 475 Moe Road, Clifton Park, NY 12065
For further information, please contact Terri Chandler at 518-371-8622 or email@example.com.