The Children’s Library serves children from infant through fifth grade and their families. Individuals with special needs are welcome here, too.
- Have a program idea?
- Want recommendations for a good book or series?
Let us know what’s on your mind—we’re happy to help!
Join us for a wide variety of programs for children.
Story Time Series
These story time series are held in the winter, spring, and fall.
|Story Time Series||Ages|
|Bouncing Babies||Pre-walking infants under 13 months, with adult.|
|Wonderful Walkers||Walking infants under 24 months, with adult.|
|Parent/Child Story Time||2 & 3 year olds, with adult. Siblings welcome.|
|Story Time for 2 & 3 Year Olds*||Child must be at least 2 years old at start of series, with adult. Siblings welcome.|
|Story Time for 3-6 Year Olds*||Child must be at least 3 years old at start of series.|
|PJ Story Time *||For families with children ages 2-6.|
* = No Registration Required
Fun Items to Borrow
Every Child Ready to Read @ Your Library recommends these five proven steps to help raise a reader.
- Talking with children helps them learn about language by listening to parents talk and joining in the conversation.
- Singing slows down language so children can hear the different sounds in words.
- Reading together develops vocabulary and comprehension and motivates children to want to learn to read.
- Writing with children helps them understand that printed letters stand for spoken words.
- Playing helps children learn language and literacy skills as they put thoughts into words and talk about what they are doing.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Foundation recommends reading, even re-reading, any book to your child, with the goal of reading 1,000 books before Kindergarten. Pick up a packet at the Children’s Desk.